• Business Law
• Federal & State Taxation
• Intellectual Property
Brooke focuses her practice on a wide range of business, tax, nonprofit, and intellectual property issues, and enjoys working with clients to make even the most complicated legal concepts understandable and accessible. She regularly represents clients forming new business entities and nonprofits, seeking trademark and copyright registrations, or looking to structure their operations (or transactions) to minimize both state and federal taxes.
Brooke has a passion for working with local nonprofits to educate both board members and staff on how to achieve and maintain tax-exempt status and to ensure that their operations comply with the law in all respects.
• B.A., History and Political Science, University of Washington
• J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law (magna cum laude)
• LL.M., Taxation, University of Washington
• Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
• Washington State Bar Association
• Sections: Business, Taxation
• Secretary, Board of Directors of the Mount Rainier Chapter of the American Red Cross
• Legal Advisor, Foundation for Tacoma Students
• Tacoma Sunset Rotary
• “40 Under Forty” Honoree, Business Examiner (2010)
• "Rising Star" Honoree, Washington Law & Politics (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Brooke and her husband, Brian, have called Tacoma home since 2007. When Brooke isn’t working, she loves spending time with Brian and their son, Kingsley, as well as their pet cat, guinea pig, and turtle. Brooke loves all things local, especially Tacoma’s burgeoning independent music scene. When she’s not going to shows, she also loves watching Wes Anderson movies, reading, and filming Better Cocktails at Home, the YouTube channel on which she and her husband present both original and classic craft cocktails.